A beautiful smile that opens flawless teeth is one of the conditions for a person’s attractiveness. Long-term treatment and restoration of teeth are not always the best solution.
The best solution to the problem for busy people and for people who want to quickly get a dazzling smile will be veneers, for the installation of which requires 2-3 visits to the dentist.
Features of products
Installation of dental veneers, which are thin high-strength plates that are fixed on the surface of damaged teeth, allows you to completely transform the appearance of a person, increase her attractiveness.
An important advantage of veneers, which are an alternative to crowns, is the low trauma to the tissues of the teeth.
They hide certain shortcomings:
- incorrect placement of teeth;
- spots on the teeth;
- notches between teeth;
- chipped teeth;
- cracked teeth, etc.
Advantages and disadvantages
- variety of shades of dental veneers;
- the process of installing veneers is painless;
- materials used for making veneers (ceramics, composite, zirconium) are hypoallergenic and do not affect human health;
- dental veneers are resistant to all kinds of food dyes;
- veneers do not get plaque;
- after installation, patients have no feeling of discomfort or the presence of a foreign body in the mouth.
The advantage of installing veneers is the ability to maintain healthy tooth tissue during the procedure.
- a relatively short life of overlays (depending on a manufacturing material);
- cost of overlays;
- the presence of some contraindications (malocclusion, etc.).
Varieties of dental veneers:
- Zirconium veneers have high strength. Zirconium veneers serve up to 20 years without changing the color of the enamel and without losing quality.
- Ceramic veneers for a long time do not lose aesthetics and functionality. Overlays are steady against differences in temperatures and mechanical influence.
Picture Credit: Unsplash