A beautiful smile that opens flawless teeth is one of the conditions for a person’s attractiveness. The oral cavity and teeth of each person are subjected to significant stress, which inevitably leads to the darkening of the enamel, the appearance of chips, and other defects. Long-term treatment and restoration of teeth is not always the best solution. The best solution to the problem for busy people and for people who want to quickly get a dazzling smile will be veneers, for the installation of which requires 2-3 visits to the dentist.
Features of products
Installation of dental veneers, which are thin high-strength plates that are fixed on the surface of damaged teeth, allows you to literally completely transform the appearance of a person, increase her attractiveness. An important advantage of veneers, which are an alternative to crowns, is the low trauma to the tissues of the teeth.
They hide certain shortcomings:
- incorrect placement of teeth;
- spots on the teeth;
- notches between teeth;
- chipped teeth;
- cracked teeth, etc.
Advantages and disadvantages
Among the advantages of this dental technology should be noted:
- when installing the plate it close the lower edge of the tooth, creating a protective coating;
- variety of shades of dental veneers;
- the process of installing veneers is painless;
- materials used for making veneers (ceramics, composite, zirconium) are hypoallergenic and do not affect human health;
- dental veneers are resistant to all kinds of food dyes;
- veneers do not get plaque;
- after installation, patients have no feeling of discomfort or the presence of a foreign body in the mouth.
The advantage of installing veneers is the ability to maintain healthy tooth tissue during the procedure.
Among the disadvantages of this type of restoration of the aesthetics of a smile should be noted:
- a relatively short life of overlays (depending on a manufacturing material);
- cost of overlays;
- the presence of some contraindications (malocclusion, etc.).
Varieties of dental veneers:
- Composite veneers are inexpensive but short-lived (about 5 years). 1-2 visits to the doctor are required for the installation of plates from a composite. The disadvantage is the need for careful treatment: it is not recommended to gnaw nuts, seeds, etc .;
- Zirconium veneers have high strength. Zirconium veneers serve up to 20 years without changing the color of the enamel and without losing quality;
- Ceramic veneers are made of high-strength ceramics, for a long time do not lose aesthetics and functionality. Overlays are steady against differences in temperatures and mechanical influence.
Picture Credit: Unsplash