Did you know that coconut oil is an ideal ingredient for rinsing and brushing teeth, as well as for improving oral health?
Coconut oil is an increasingly popular superfood due to its incredible nutritional value. More and more ways to use it are constantly being discovered. Today we want to talk about how you can use coconut oil to improve oral health.
Coconut oil to improve oral health
This oil is essential for a balanced diet. In addition to being fat, this oil is very effective when it comes to weight loss because it speeds up metabolism.
You should know that it also has many other uses. This oil is a great remedy for skin, mouth, and hair problems.
It is also great for improving oral health due to the following therapeutic properties:
- coconut oil fights dental infections caused by bacteria due to the content of lauric acid
- it whitens tooth enamel without damaging it and prevents the formation of plaque
- this oil can reduce inflammation and bleeding gums
We recommend choosing coconut oil for this natural treatment, as it is best suited to alleviate oral health problems. The oil becomes solid at temperatures below 24°C but returns to the liquid after coming into contact with body heat.
An oral health remedy
The treatment we offer today is based on two steps. You should consistently perform the procedure daily to get the best results and maintain good oral health:
- In the morning: use an oil like mouthwash.
- In the evening: brush with oil like toothpaste.
How to use this home remedy to improve oral health
1. Daily rinsing
Daily rinsing with coconut oil is the oldest method of improving the health of the mouth and the entire digestive system. We suggest using cold-pressed coconut oil due to its antibacterial properties.
Rinsing with coconut oil helps to deeply cleanse the mouth and helps balance the digestive tract. It effectively removes bacteria and toxins without changing the delicate pH of the mouth.
You will also eliminate tartar, improve breathing, and reduce gingivitis.
How to do it?
- Before breakfast, take one tablespoon of coconut oil (15 ml) in your mouth.
- Make sure the oil is of the highest quality.
- Do not gargle to prevent oil from getting into the throat.
- Try rinsing for about 20 seconds. During this time, you will notice that the dense texture of the oil becomes lighter and more watery, which is a good sign.
- Spit out the oil and then brush your teeth thoroughly using regular toothpaste.
We recommend waiting at least another 15 minutes before breakfast and always start with a glass of water to avoid toxins from the body.
Repeat the procedure every morning.
2. Natural toothpaste
To keep your mouth healthy and resistant to dental infections, we suggest choosing only natural toothpaste options. This will help you avoid sulfates, fluoride, and other additives that can affect your health and change the pH of your saliva.
Some effective natural alternatives include vegetable and essential oils, clay, activated carbon, and more.
- Always brush your teeth after each main meal.
- To enhance regular brushing, replace toothpaste with coconut oil at least once a day.
- Coconut oil can be an additional toothpaste to strengthen the natural defenses of the oral cavity.
Picture Credit: Unsplash